Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Afternoon Delight

Megan is 2.  Sometimes it's terrible, but I refuse to label it as that.  That's not fair.  In reality, in her short life she's learned to adapt to a lot; a move, a baby sister, an "army daddy," who was gone for about 9 months, her "Papa" going to heaven to be with Elmo (funny story), and her parent's changing marriage.  She's a rockstar for actually being an overall good kid!  I've also tried my hardest to make these changes easy on her, or protect her like my parents did for me. So, basically, she gets her awesome from me because I am, in fact, awesome.


 
So, let's review our afternoon, shall we?

Leaving daycare.  She fought me, like she always, does about that dang carseat!  Today was pretty bad though, she got a spanking for it (Bring it on, I'm pro-spanking as long as it's done right) Finally we're in the car and she is NOT happy.  I totally know what to do since we tend to butt heads on this whole carseat matter.  Play her some Billy Squier.  I told you she was a rockstar.  She was still giving me death stares the whole way home.  Such is life, if we would've been a crash, she was safe so I don't care how mad she gets at me.  That's right, I'm not afraid to play the "Mommy" card.  Bring it little kid, I'm bigger and MADE you.


Arrival in our driveway.  I turned down the radio and started talking to her.  I love having conversations with her.  I began to explain (for the 473625765251644278 time) that it's important she is safe and that I love her, etc. etc.  It was quite a sweet conversation that concluded with this little exchange,

"Mommy keys!"
"Yes, those are mine"
"My keys.... [cute little 'I wonder...' eyeroll] inside!"
"Oh you have keys inside?"
"Yeah!"
"Really? What kind of car do you drive?"
[I'm standing there very curious as to where this game of pretend was going. She knows the names of 3 cars, Jeep, Corvette, and Cadillac.  She's Tom Hammock's grandkid.]
"Mommy's Jeep!" Complete with that cute little smile that will get her out of, and into some serious trouble later on.
She was right though, she does!


Reading with Mommy.  First off I know how to play her.  She needed a diaper, trying to get her to go upstairs to do it as soon as we got back was going to get me right back where we started.  So we read, I read, she played, and then ever so sweetly asked for me to read to her again.  The Awakening by Kate Chopin.  Chapter 7 to be exact. Good shit.  More on that later.  We had a perfectly lovely afternoon.  She's such a sweetheart and I just love having conversations with her.  She decided it's time for a diaper (see, I know how this works) and so we walk upstairs hand in hand to change it.  On the last step she steps up and says, "Mommy, I happy." 

Me too, Meggie Lou, me too.

And then I tricked her into a much needed nap.


It's possible she is the best mistake I've made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment