Monday, February 1, 2016

Sunday Morning Coming Down

Wake up, think to myself about my super fun Saturday night with the gals. "I got to be a Christian, that can have fun out and about and not compromise, oh and be young. I'm basically a baller."  I was also home and in bed by midnight.  BALL-ER.

Hop in the shower, listen to a podcast, Chip is good. He's challenging and based in the Word. Yeah buddy!

I go throw on a basketball tee, cozy scarf, and my slouchy sweater. Oh and my dorky glasses. I am ready for church. Bring it. Oh yeah, messy bun it is.

Ministry time. I get to pray with the man that prayed with my dad when he accepted Jesus as his Savior, and his wife. But this time, we were joined together in prayer believing for a miracle. A miracle that I'm willing to stand in the gap for. I can't wait to hear, "Hey Annie guess what..." Because see, sometimes you stand in the gap for things that matter, people that matter.

"Aww man, Scott's preaching on my jam today!!" Scott preached out of Genesis. My favorite passage, and well duh, I have a thing for Esau. But mostly Genesis 24 and 25 is hitting me HARD so far this year. Good stuff. Solid preaching. Challenging. Don't give up, don't settle for the temporary. God has a plan A, no compromising with a plan B. No back up. Whoo. My own study and my pastor's just collided. Daaaaaang. That's what's up.

Lunch with the fam. "Momma, I better not suck my thumb or Larry might cut it off." Oh yeah Larry was there. We love Larry. Such joy from two little girls, two little girls that have been praying and continue to pray for Larry. Bailey prays, and it's stupid powerful. Don't mess with her. She floors me, I couldn't be prouder of her faith and her intuition. Oh that Bailey.

Chores in the afternoon, oh laundry. Oh but what? Marco Rubio in town? Better make that reservation. But first, two little girls cheer for basketball. Okay, the wrong team. But can you really be mad when they can tell you what's going on in an NBA game? Nuh uh. No way.

MARCO RUBIO!! More excited little girls. Ran into my old boss and his wife. Bailey fell asleep. But woke up on the way home and apparently some of that kick butt rally kicked in because one, she said Marco Rubio would treat our country nice and that he was handsome. Also made a comment about getting really cool shoes, running to DC, and being President when she's big. Guess who's getting shoe game for her birthday? Wait, I don't even have shoe game. Better ask Dolan for help. 

Megan made the news! With piggy! Marco Rubio rally was a success!!

Go home, read, pray, hug and kiss. Get ready for Monday.

I love Sundays so much. They're sacred, and quite honestly I have quite the life.



No comments:

Post a Comment