Thursday, September 29, 2011

Take Me Home Tonight

"Yeah, maybe it's time to find a new something. Even if it's something simple, like baking or blogging or volunteering. It's time to go all extreme makeover and find a new Annie :)"
-the great, Andrew Shaffer
 
 
So, I guess I blog now.

 
I might as well start with the title of this blog. I love Magnolia trees. They're home. The neighbor had one in his yard and in his rental next door to us, we'll I guess he still has them. The trees are still there, I am not. Every year they would bloom and smell wondful. The trees were just beautiful all around. Then the blossoms would fall and make a huge mess. Sometimes storms would blow them off, but most times they just started falling. I absolutely loved stomping all over them for some reason, but Momo and Pop didn't share my love for the fallen blossoms. Like I said, these trees were a mess. After the mess their regular leaves came in and as much as I loved the blossoms, I always thought the green leaves were even more beautiful. They are just the right size, and the prettiest shade of green. I guess what I'm getting at here just because you think all the pretty is gone and everything's a mess doesn't mean it is.


And now we move on the the rest of the title, the rest of what makes home, well home.
 
 
The "Hammocks" aren't the comfy things that hang between trees. Don't get me wrong they're great, if you have a sense of balance. In other words, not for this girl! I do enjoy an outdoor summer nap though. That is perfection. No, the "Hammocks" make home. My parents. That's right folks, I was raised by Hammocks. I am a lucky girl. Tom and Ezell to be exact. They made our house a home.
 
 
This blog? Eh, it's probably just going to be rambling.
 
 
I miss home, I miss my parents. My whole life turned upside down this last March and it won't ever be the same. Like those Magnolia trees, I have a messy stage. I guess that's the phase I'm in now, guess, well it is. Things were beautiful before, and they're a mess now, but they can be a different kind of beautiful in the future. I just have to be messy in the meantime.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love it! Can't wait to read more :)
    And you're free to quote from me any time. As long as it's appropriate...

    ReplyDelete